Synagogues Worldwide

Berlin Germany



 
 
 
 
 

 
 

© PIA/Thie

Website


First opened 
5. September 1866

Last service was held, during the Nazi period, on 30. March 1940 . The building was then used for storage until November 1943 when it was  heavily damaged by bombing. 

The ruin of the main area was cleared by explosives in Summer 1958

Foundation stone layed on 10. November 1988 and reconstruction commenced.

The synagogue re-opened in May 1995


More History

 

Home